Saganaki Cheese with Ouzo Sauce
February 2019 | By Celebrity Cruises |
Dining on board Celebrity Cruises is an experience for all the senses.
Choose casual or upscale, sushi or Italian, inside or alfresco under the stars. With up to a dozen specialty restaurants and an array of bars, lounges, and clubs, every experience is one-of-a-kind. Our menus, crafted by Michelin-starred chef Cornelius Gallagher, are inspired by, and locally sourced from, the amazing regions we visit.
Ingredients for Ouzo Sauce
- 3 cups Ouzo liquor
- 1½ cup lemon juice
- 4½ tsp. flour
- 3 oz. butter cubes
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Saganaki Cheese
- 2 cups grated Kefalotyri cheese
- 1 pinch fried parsley leaves
Preparation for Ouzo Sauce
- In a medium rondo, make a roux with butter and flour, when roux is well cooked, add liquor and flambé, cook until flame stops and all alcohol evaporates.
- Add lemon juice, seasoned to taste. Reduce until desired consistency.
Preparation for Saganaki Cheese
- Grate the kefalotyri cheese.
- Place into cast iron and reserve.
- Heat in the oven set at 300C for 4 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of the sauce.
- Garnish with fried parsley, lemon wedges and serve immediately with toasted bread on an appetizer plate.