White Turkey and Bean Chili
August 2018 | By Norwegian Cruise Line |
Welcome to a cuisine scene unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. With a wide range of complimentary and specialty restaurants you have more dining options than days of your cruise. So unfold your napkin and enjoy experiences of gastronomic proportions.
- Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic (peeled and fresh: 2 oz.
- Jalapeno Peppers: 1 ½ oz. chopped fine
- Yellow Onions: 12 oz. chopped
- Yellow Bell Peppers: 5 oz. diced in 1 cm pieces
- Cumin Seed: 1 tbsp. ground
- Oregano: ½ tsp
- Coriander: 2 ½ oz. ground
- Chili Powder: 1 tbsp.
- Cinnamon: 1 tsp ground
- Black Pepper: 2/3 tsp ground
- Bay Leaves: 2 whole
- Turkey Breast: 2.2 lbs. with skin on minced
- Navy Beans: 2.2 lbs.
- Corona Extra or Modelo: 1 bottle
- Chicken Stock: 28 oz.
- Salt: 2 tsp
- Season the turkey meat with the salt and black pepper and sear nice and brown. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic and jalapeno and cook till the garlic is light brown.
- Add the onions and yellow peppers and continue to sauté until the onion is soft and clear.
- Add the bay leaf, cumin, coriander, chili powder, oregano and cinnamon. Sauté for one minute.
- Add the cooked turkey once minced and 1 lb. on the navy beans.
- Add the beer and the chicken stock.
- Bring all to a boil and simmer, stirring often.
- Puree balance of white beans adding some soup stock as necessary.
- Add the bean puree to the soup and mix well.
- Simmer 10 minutes and enjoy!
Interested in experiencing America’s Test Kitchen? You can with Holland America Line, which is hosting specially themed cruises alongside...
Want to make your palate sing on your next international adventure but without the stress of making it happen on your own? An increasing number...