White Turkey and Bean Chili
August 2018 | By Norwegian Cruise Line |
Welcome to a cuisine scene unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. With a wide range of complimentary and specialty restaurants you have more dining options than days of your cruise. So unfold your napkin and enjoy experiences of gastronomic proportions.
- Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic (peeled and fresh: 2 oz.
- Jalapeno Peppers: 1 ½ oz. chopped fine
- Yellow Onions: 12 oz. chopped
- Yellow Bell Peppers: 5 oz. diced in 1 cm pieces
- Cumin Seed: 1 tbsp. ground
- Oregano: ½ tsp
- Coriander: 2 ½ oz. ground
- Chili Powder: 1 tbsp.
- Cinnamon: 1 tsp ground
- Black Pepper: 2/3 tsp ground
- Bay Leaves: 2 whole
- Turkey Breast: 2.2 lbs. with skin on minced
- Navy Beans: 2.2 lbs.
- Corona Extra or Modelo: 1 bottle
- Chicken Stock: 28 oz.
- Salt: 2 tsp
- Season the turkey meat with the salt and black pepper and sear nice and brown. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic and jalapeno and cook till the garlic is light brown.
- Add the onions and yellow peppers and continue to sauté until the onion is soft and clear.
- Add the bay leaf, cumin, coriander, chili powder, oregano and cinnamon. Sauté for one minute.
- Add the cooked turkey once minced and 1 lb. on the navy beans.
- Add the beer and the chicken stock.
- Bring all to a boil and simmer, stirring often.
- Puree balance of white beans adding some soup stock as necessary.
- Add the bean puree to the soup and mix well.
- Simmer 10 minutes and enjoy!
Use only a high-quality whole-milk ricotta for this recipe; our preferred brand is Calabro.