Your Destination Wedding Planning Checklist
May 2018 | By Alynn Roy | 2 minute read
Planning a wedding can be trying at the best of times, but try throwing a wedding in an unfamiliar destination – even the smallest tasks can suddenly become overwhelming.
This checklist should give you an idea of what to do in the lead-up to your destination wedding to bring the stress levels way down, especially if you use the services of a Destination Wedding travel specialist.
9 Months – 1 Year Before Wedding
- Determine your budget – including any wedding related costs, travel expenses and your accommodation. HINT: Many couples are also concerned about what their guests will be paying and will sometimes determine a guest budget as well.
- Contact a travel agent to help plan the big event.
- Choose a wedding destination, location, and date (the earlier, the better!).
- Choose your wedding party.
- Create a guest list.
- Send out a Save-The-Date notice to guests.
- Block rooms and air seats.
- Shop for a wedding dress.
- Select wedding package/style. Discuss any add-ons you want to the package or customize the wedding package with your own personal style.
- Work with your travel agent to find a caterer, florist, make-up artist, hair dresser, and wedding cake specialist at the location.
6 – 9 Months Before Wedding
- Create a Honeymoon Registry.
- Send our formal wedding invitation with details.
- Confirm rooms and air seats.
- Confirm your wedding ceremony location, if not already done.
- Confirm dinner/reception area with the resort.
- Launch a wedding website.
- Choose an Officiant.
- Book a photographer.
- Select attire for your wedding party.
- Research excursions for your wedding group.
4 – 6 Months Before Wedding
- Finalize food menu, décor, flowers, cake, etc.
- Confirm hair and make-up appointments on wedding day.
- Make sure passports are in order.
2 – 4 Months Before Wedding
- Plan welcome party & rehearsal dinner (if required).
- Prepare welcome letter for your guests.
- Purchase items for welcome bags
- Confirm honeymoon plans.
1 Month Before Wedding
- Write your vows.
- Finalize wedding ceremony
- Create any signs needed.
2 Weeks Before Wedding
- Re-confirm flight & hotel booking.
- Review and a final confirmation on wedding details.
- Create a seating chart & place cards.
- Create your wedding program for guests.
On Arrival At Your Wedding Resort
- Meet with the location’s wedding coordinator, go over wedding details and an inspection of your ceremony and reception sites.
- Apply for marriage license (sometimes this can be done ahead of time, ask your travel agent for details).
Have the time of your life…it’s your wedding day!
The rise of online travel booking popularity has brought attention to many risks travelers are now learning about the hard way. When you take...
It’s no secret these destinations are current “hot spots.” But if you’re an adventure seeker looking to maintain the thrill minus the...