Chilean Sea Bass
January 2018 | By Crystal Cruises |
Authentic yet inventive. Creative yet classic. The culinary experience with Crystal is simply exceptional.
Chilean Seabass with King Crab & Red Beet Cous Cous
- 4 ea Chilean Seabass Filets, 6 oz each
- 4 tbsp clarified butter
- Salt, fresh ground White Pepper
- 4 ea King Crab Legs
- 4 tbsp Lemon Oil
Red Beet Cous Cous
- 1 cup Pearl Cous Cous (Israeli Cous Cous)
- 2 tbsp. Melted Butter
- 2 ea Shallots, peeled and fine chopped
- 2 ½ cup Red Beet Juice
- 2 tsp. Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tsp. cold butter
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan
- Salt, Fresh White Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- For the fish, pat dry the Seabass filets with kitchen towels and season with salt and freshly ground white pepper on both sides.
- Heat the clarified butter in a sauté pan and sear the fish, skin side down first, for one minute on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- For the Cous Cous, heat the melted butter in casserole and sauté the shallots slowly until translucent, but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the Cous Cous and sauté for one more minute. Add the Red Beet Juice and simmer until the Beet Juice is absorbed and the Cous Cous is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the Cold Butter, Mascarpone and Parmesan Cheese, season to taste with Salt and White Pepper.
- To serve, remove the Crab Leg Meat from the shells, cut into 2 inch pieces and heat in a 350 F oven for 2 minutes until hot. Divide the hot Cous Cous amongst 4 Shallow Plates, top each with a Seabass Filet and the Crab Meat. Drizzle one tbsp Lemon Oil over the Fish and around the Cous Cous and serve.