On Location in Hawaii
December 2017 | By Susan Milne | 6 minute read |
Looking for inspiration for your Hawaiian getaway? Our On Location partner Worldstar, and Hotel Partner, Hyatt are here with all the details you need to plan your trip.
Worldstar, On Location Partner
Cary Math, Operations Supervisor for Worldstar destination management fills you in on the latest in Hawaii travel.
Q: What makes Hawaii so special for visitors?
Each island has its own unique personality and is a separate vacation. Where else can you have 4 vacations in one?
- Kauai, the lush Garden Isle, is old Hawaii with small communities and unapparelled beauty.
- Oahu, the Gathering Place, holds the largest number of residents and so much history.
- Maui, the Valley Isle, unbelievable beauty and the largest dormant volcano on planet earth.
- The Big Island of Hawaii. This is where planet earth is growing as lava flows into the ocean.
Q: What services and tours do you offer?
We offer excursions, transfers and rental cars from economy to SUV’s; vans to convertibles on all islands. We also provide custom and private excursions including ’create your own excursion’. My favorite tours are ziplining (available on all islands), whale watching (in season), and on Hawaii, the Twilight Volcano tour, Manta night snorkel (absolutely amazing), and the Mauna Kea summit and stars (going up to 14,000 feet above sea level, see the observatories and watch sunset as well as star gaze.)
Q: What tours do you recommend for families?
Most land, sea and air tours, and activities are great for children of all ages. Premier on the islands is whale season – from December 15 to May 15 every year, Humpback whales migrate from the Alaskan Waters to the warm Waters of Hawaii. A Pearl Harbor excursion is also a must-see – it is the number one visited spot in the State of Hawaii, full of history and awe. Another must-do is a luau – an evening feast and show in the traditional Hawaiian way.
Q: Tell us about your excursions to see the Mt. Kilauea eruption?
We offer many excursions as it is one of the most popular things to see in Hawaii. The all-day Twilight Volcano tour features an incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomenon that makes it possible – an erupting volcano. You’ll also witness the awesome power of lava as it enters the ocean at sunset. Helicopter rides are another great way to experience the power of Kilauea.
Q: What’s new in Hawaii destination weddings?
What makes Worldstar Hawaii unique is that we provide the total experience of the Hawaiian culture and ensure that it is woven into the couple’s special day. Weddings can be performed throughout the Hawaiian Islands.
We offer the most intimate and remote locations for weddings. Our local wedding specialist is in touch with all of the best locations that are unique and memorable. Destination Hawaii even provided the right spot for a non-traditional wedding in the ocean on a sand bar surrounded by water!
We caught up with Ellen Schuster, Director of Global Luxury, Lifestyle & Leisure for Hyatt Sales Force, to find out about Hyatt’s Hawaiian resorts.
Q: Tell us about the special features and family-friendly amenities Hyatt brings to its Hawaiian resorts.
Hyatt Resorts in Hawaii is where ’Aloha’ is more than just a greeting – it’s a way of life. Our resorts on Kauai, Oahu and Maui offer unique programs, family-friendly amenities and Hawaiian cultural experiences.
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa: Torch-lighting ceremony, Hula, Luau, lei making, and ukulele lessons with our Hawaiian resort staff. Multi-level water playground, including 150-foot waterslide and 1.5-acre saltwater lagoon. Camp Hyatt is an activity program designed specifically for children ages 3 to 12.
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa: Named the World’s Top Hotel for Stargazing, it has its own rooftop astronomy program! The cultural Drums of the Pacific Luau runs nightly. The resort is home to seven African black-footed penguins and aims to celebrate and generate awareness of this species through its informative feeding program and activities. Wildlife tours and a Turtle Talk presentation with a marine expert from the Maui Ocean Center also take place each week.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort: A modern take on Hawaii featuring private lanai with expansive views offering beachfront luxury on Mokapu Beach. Five different pools including one 24-hour pool.
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa: Situated across from Waikiki Beach, a great place for beginner and pro surfers. Close to the Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu Zoo and snorkeling at Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve. Learn Lei making, hula, and take ukulele lessons with Ku’uipo Kumukahi – a celebrated recording artist and the Manager of Hawaiian Culture and Community Relations in Ho’okela. This resort features 60 retail shops, a full-service spa and seven dining outlets. Babysitting services are available.
Q: What are some of the Hawaiian treatments available at the spas?
From aromatherapy employing tropical Hawaiian scents, to the Hawaiian lomilomi spa treatment in a beautiful garden setting, our spas offer unique, rejuvenating treatments. At Kamaha’o Spa in the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, experience our Ali’I Indulgence – deeply relaxing healing treatment created with mineral-rich organic clay and Hawaiian coffee fruit extract to deeply cleanse and detoxify. Includes a full-body brushing, the use of pohaku, hot stone, and our Hawaiian facial refresher for complete relaxation.
Q: Tell us about golf at your resorts.
Whether you are looking for a challenge or to simply practice your swing, our resorts feature golf for you including famed championship courses. Ask about the Royal Package (7-days unlimited golf, range and rental club use at a special price) available at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa featuring the renowned Ka’anapali Golf Courses.
Q: Describe some of the settings at Hyatt’s Hawaii hotels for destination weddings.
We offer wonderful wedding packages at all of our beautiful resorts in Hawaii with ceremonies taking place at these spectacular venues:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa: Beautiful oceanfront ceremony site at Keoneloa Bay and sweeping ocean and lush resort views at Grand Lawn Gazebo.
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa: Halona Kai lawn space is perched above the pool, ringed with lush greenery and surrounded by a peaceful koi pond. Panoramic views of the blue Pacific and the palm fringed Ka’anapali coast create the perfect backdrop for this location.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort: Laule’a Event Lawn – breathtaking beachfront location amidst the beauty of Mokapu Beach with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and the West Maui mountains as your backdrop.
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa: Na Lea Terrace overlooks the crystal blue waters of Waikiki. The scenic setting is enhanced by the Diamond Head Bridge where guests walk to await the bride and groom who make equally grand entrances high above the resort’s Great Hall.
Wine-tasting in the Barossa Valley, swimming with the whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef, and heli-hiking over glaciers in New Zealand? Yes please!