Family Cruises in Hawaii
December 2017 | By Susan Milne | 3 minute read |
Spectacular landscapes, great food, resort-style services, and all the details taken care of – it’s no wonder cruising is a natural choice for family vacations. With plenty of time to spend together onboard the luxury cruise ship and on the islands of Hawaii, this is a great choice for travelers of all ages.
Cruise ships sailing to Hawaii have some great vacation options for families. Dine in a variety of restaurants with kids' menus, be entertained all day long with a range of activities, and retreat to comfortable staterooms. This laidback lifestyle frees you to focus on enjoying time together, without the stresses of day-to-day life at home.
Your Hawaiian ports of call are spectacular, and arriving by ship gives you a panoramic view of the islands as you sail in. Breakfast on your balcony is also a great way to start the day.
Many lines feature family-friendly day-trips with reduced pricing for young cruisers, and it’s a great way to spend time with your kids and make memories they’ll never forget.
Family-friendly daytrips include:
- Trips to the Waimea Canyon, Kauai, where there are fantastic views from the lookouts and short hikes on the trails, followed by a cruise up the Wailua River to the legendary Fern Grotto. Active families will appreciate the chance to cruise the Na Pali Coast with its sea caves and waterfalls, then swimming and snorkeling in a secluded lagoon.
- The Big Island is home to a world of seahorses in Kona – the only seahorse ranch in the United States. You can also check out the sublime coastal waters on a submarine journey 125 ft. below the surface – the best way to see the colorful underwater world.
- Don't miss Volcanoes National Park at Hilo to experience this natural phenomenon, from dramatic views of the Kilauea Caldera, to hiking and biking adventures and helicopter rides over the volcanic landscape. Around Hilo, there's also a peaceful botanical garden, a Macadamia Nut farm, as well as ziplining, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and swimming with dolphins to pick from.
- Lahaina, Maui is the former capital of the united Hawaiian Islands and it is a very special place, and a culture and history walking tour introduces you to this paramount cultural site. There's also a Segway tour of the town, and you can take the scenic Hana Road and visit the Iao Valley to see just how beautiful Maui is. The Maui Ocean Center or a Whale Watching tour are also fantastic experiences for people of all ages.
- Hawaii cruises also sail past the lava flows of Kilauea which has been continuously erupting since 1983. Seeing the red lava glow is a once-in-a-lifetime for the entire family!
Whether you sail from the west coast with several sea days to enjoy your ship before and after your Hawaiian adventure, or you sail one of Pride of America's seven-night cruises from Honolulu, you are in for an extra-special multigenerational experience on your Hawaii cruise.