European River Cruising
March 2017 | By Susan Milne | 3 minute read |
Looking for a seamless European vacation? One that shows you the delights of each country without having to contend with the logistics of getting around, where to stay and where to eat? Consider a river cruise. Inclusive river cruise packages certainly offer what you are looking for. You are free to focus on each country and thoroughly enjoy it with a new perspective from the water.
Arriving in the heart of Europe's cities and towns, you head off on a guided excursion of your choice or wander and explore on your own. While discovering each new and exciting port of call, you are secure in the knowledge your luxurious river ship is waiting for you to return. There's a sumptuous meal for dinner tonight, complete with local wines to try, before you retire to your luxurious accommodation with river views. It's an inviting scenario and it is yours when you choose a river cruise for your European vacation.
Discover the countries of Europe on a variety of itineraries that show you many parts of the continent. Which of these routes appeals most to you?
- Castles along the Rhine from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland.
- A Tulips & Windmills cruise from Amsterdam to Antwerp or Brussels to Amsterdam.
- Munich to Cologne along the Rhine and Main.
- Enchanting Danube from Budapest to Passau.
- Highlights of Eastern Europe from Budapest to Bucharest.
- Elegant Elbe from Berlin to Prague.
- Gems of Northern Italy from Milan to Venice.
- Splendors of Italy from Milan to Rome.
- Burgundy & Provence from Avignon to Lyon
- Paris & Normandy roundtrip from Paris.
- Bordeaux, Vineyards & Chateaux roundtrip from Bordeaux.
- Jewels of Spain, Portugal & the Douro River from Lisbon to Madrid.
Pre and post cruise stays let you see more of Europe in combination with your cruise. Many top cities and sights are not right on a river cruise route but they are close by and easy to add for an even more comprehensive European vacation. Some like Prague, Munich, Madrid and Warsaw are already included in river cruise packages. There are numerous options to choose from and so much to see!
Amongst the many highlights of a European river cruise are the outstanding cuisine; a chance to try local specialties and wine/beer with your meals; the enjoyment of fabulous river views from your stateroom, dining room and lounges aboard your ship and cultural programs that include a range of activities onboard and ashore.
River cruises offer great value too thanks to inclusive pricing. Included in the price, you can expect some shore excursions, all meals, wine, beer and sodas at dinner and on some lines at lunch as well, specialty coffee, WiFi, port charges and government taxes.
So many advantages. Such a wonderful way to experience Europe: River cruising is certainly an option worth considering for your next European escape.