December 2016 | By Susan Milne | 2 minute read |
The islands of the South Pacific and Indian Ocean create a spectacular island hopping experience. Cruising from one breathtaking island to another, enjoying a leisurely arrival amidst stunning scenery; this is the cruise you have dreamed of! Be pampered aboard ship and discover the islands on walks and excursions ashore. You’ll be captivated by the beauty of each unique island.
There’s a cruise ship sailing to these islands of paradise to suit every type of traveler.
- How about the thrill of a ship with sails around Tahiti and her islands?
- Perhaps a boutique ship that calls at Fiji’s uninhabited islands is more your style.
- A supremely luxurious yacht with 62 passengers that sails the islands of the Seychelles might be your dream come true.
- Or is a larger cruise ship with more amenities and activities, calling at many islands across these regions what you have in mind?
There are many ways to island hop the South Pacific and Indian Ocean and whatever you choose, you’re in for an unforgettable experience.
There was a time these islands were inaccessible but today it’s easy to fly to far flung cities and begin your exotic adventure.
Itineraries are as diverse as the ships that sail them.
- Sail from Papeete, Tahiti around the Society Islands of French Polynesia – Bora Bora, Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea - the names themselves conjure up idyllic settings!
- Combine the islands of New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji on round-trip cruises from Brisbane or Sydney, Australia.
- Cruise from Auckland, New Zealand to Tahiti via New Caledonia, Fiji, Samoa and American Samoa.
- One way positioning cruises between Australia and North America give you the chance to call at many islands in the South Pacific. Some cruises can be taken in shorter segments.
- Sail from Victoria in the Seychelles to the islands of this pristine archipelago with their white sand beaches, lush mountains and UNESCO protected nature reserves.
- One way sailings between Dubai or Singapore and Cape Town, South Africa often call at the Indian Ocean islands of the Maldives, the Seychelles, Reunion and Mauritius.
- Cruises from St. Louis, Mauritius call at the Seychelles, Reunion, Mauritius and Madagascar.
There are certainly many options and many cruising styles to choose from. This is island hopping at its finest! For one of the most spectacular cruise experiences you’ll ever have, head for the islands of the South Pacific and Indian Ocean.