For those who love travel
October 2016 | By Azamara Club Cruises | 8 minute read |
Azamara Club Cruises® is the ideal choice for upmarket travelers who love authentic experiences and pampered comfort too. Azamara voyages focus on Destination Immersion® with longer stays, more overnights and night touring, giving guests more time to experience the people, customs and cuisine that make each place unique. Most voyages include a complimentary AzAmazing EveningsSM event, an exclusive, bespoke evening of authentic cultural entertainment often hosted in beautiful historic venues. Guests have many choices for exciting onshore Land Discoveries®, including intimate new small-group excursions. Insider Access takes guests on private tours of ancestral homes, shops and businesses to learn about local life through stories and conversations with owners and long-time residents. Nights and Cool PlacesSM showcase dazzling experiences of local life after dark, including exclusive small-group museum tours, champagne yacht cruises with dramatic skyline views, private architectural walks, and private table service at local hotspots.
The boutique-style Azamara Journey® and Azamara Quest® feature an intimate club-like environment with a maximum of 690 guests. Azamara has earned a loyal international following and many high-profile awards from Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, Cruise Critic and others for outstanding guest service, friendly and engaged officers and crew members, and overall best voyage experience. All voyages include complimentary amenities such as select standard spirits, beers and wines, gratuities, bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas, English butler service for suite guests, self-service laundry, shuttle service to and from ports (where available), and concierge service for personal guidance and reservations.
Azamara Club Cruises sails to classic and less-traveled destinations in Australia and New Zealand, Asia and Indonesia, the Norwegian Fjords, Scandinavia and the Baltics, British Isles and Ireland, Western Europe, the Greek Isles, French and Italian Rivieras, the Adriatic, Holy Land, Central America and the West Indies. Most voyages are ideally suited for pairing back-to-back for grand adventures with additional savings.
In spring of 2016, both ships emerged from “major upgrades” while in dry dock, reinvigorating the onboard guest experience. The mid-size ships were outfitted with new venues, public spaces and technologies to bring fresh décor, services and amenities to guests.
Simply put, we’re the voyage for those who love travel.
Your Home At Sea
Azamara ships are not too big (you never feel lost). And they’re not too small (you won’t run out of new things to do and new people to meet).
With a capacity of 690 guests on Azamara Journey® and Azamara Quest®, our two mid-sized ships are really just right. You’ll love the genial club-like atmosphere and the way our staff and crew get to know you. And you’ll feel the same friendliness with your fellow voyagers.
Our smaller ships also offer the big advantage of being able to sail to places larger cruise lines can’t. For instance, we sail to the doorstep of Bangkok, while other large cruise lines dock a few hours away. We sail to the city center of Bordeaux, the heart of Seville, and within a short walk to Hong Kong’s buzzing nightlife and Shanghai’s famous Bund.
Being near the center of action is much more fun, don’t you agree?
If You #Lovetravel, You’ll Love Our Revitalized Onboard Guest Experience.
With guest satisfaction feedback consistently averaging at nearly 100% and countless industry and peer recognitions from around the world, Azamara sets the bar for delivering a destination-immersive experience to all of our guests who #LoveTravel. Now, we’ve made sure our two award-winning ships raise the bar even further.
Azamara Journey® and Azamara Quest® underwent major enhancements in early 2016, as we brought the organic essence of Destination Immersion® onboard. Evocative of the lands, rivers, and beaches of the places we visit, these extensive upgrades draw their inspiration from the four elements of nature:
- Earth – A muted color palette of earth tones is incorporated throughout our ships to evoke a serene, elegant, and warm sense of home.
- Water – Azamara’s new spa suites features rain showers with ocean views, double vanities, and outdoor soaking tubs overlooking the sea.
- Air – To freshly entice the senses, we’ve introduced new open-air venues and experiences.
- Fire – Sunrises and sunsets can be relished at the new outdoor Pool Grill & Bar, followed by dazzling nights in our completely revitalized entertainment areas.
In addition, we integrated a tasteful blend of contemporary and classic designs to create new venues and public spaces, implemented new technologies, and upgraded every stateroom and suite, in addition to our restaurants and new holistic Sanctum Spa.
From bow to stern, there is no area that has been untouched. And from shore to ship, we think you’ll #LoveTravel with the newly reimagined Azamara Club Cruises®.
The Luxe Life
When you book a stateroom, you'll love the polished style and stellar service in your own private retreat. You'll appreciate the finer touches included in every stateroom, but it takes more than a beautiful room to elevate a voyage from "good" to "great." With Azamara Club Cruises®, you'll discover just how much professional service and a friendly attitude can add to your enjoyment.
New And Improved Luxury Accommodations... Just For You
Contemporary yet classic, stylish yet refined, our completely transformed staterooms and suites are a feast for the senses. They incorporate the use of rich woods, custom-made textiles, organically inspired accents, and a natural color scheme of blues, browns, and grays with silver accents to create a fresh and elegant feel.
We also incorporated a whole lot more.
Fabulous Cuisine For Every Taste
Azamara offers a choice of six distinctive dining options, including room service. Whether you’re a fan of haute cuisine or down-home cooking, you'll love the quality reflected in the fresh ingredients, careful preparation, and variety of menu choices.
Let’s have a taste.
Specialty Dining & Fine Wines
Azamara proudly features two specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina. Specialty dining is complimentary for suite guests (Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites and Club Continent Suites). For others, there is a $30 per-person cover. Reservations are highly recommended.
With a wide variety of nightly selections like filet mignon with black truffle sauce, Discoveries Restaurant is a hands-down favorite for elegant yet lively dining with a renewed décor befitting the culinary heart of our ships. Reservations are not accepted, and you have the choice of being seated at a table for two or as part of a larger group of fellow guests (which is a great way to meet new people). Discoveries Bar is also a great gathering spot for drinks before or after dinner.
The Patio And Swirl & Top
While a casual “pool grill” during the day, in the evening this venue will be completely transformed into a sit-down al fresco dining experience. Fine tablecloths and flickering candles will set the mood while a reimagined menu will be served by our professional wait staff. In addition, a self-serve frozen yogurt station—Swirl & Top—is the perfect way to conclude your meal or cool off during the day with a variety of flavors and your choice of toppings.
Take in the fresh breeze at an outdoor table and relax in the easy and casual atmosphere of the newly renovated Windows Café. Enjoy an intimate breakfast, lunch, or dinner for two or a lively meal for six with our flexible seating options. Choices change daily and include fresh sushi, stir-frys and pastas, salads, smoked lox and other cold fish, a carving station and sumptuous desserts.
There’s more: Don’t miss our themed buffets! Indian, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, and other regional cuisine. Our international crew takes pride in their native cuisine and it shows.
How To Do Vacation, Azamara-Style
Vacation is a time to explore. It’s also a time to relax. Before or after a day of onshore discovery, or when sailing between destinations, we’ve got plenty of options for both.
You’ll find a tasteful collection of merchandise and beautiful jewelry and watches in four onboard stores. Watch your daily news for specials and one-time offers that make shopping even more fun.
- The Journey Shop/The Quest Shop. Pick up sundries, casual wear and swim fashions, sunglasses, accessories, music and shipboard keepsakes. This is a great place for small gifts to take back home.
- Indulgences. Shop an exquisite selection of fine jewelry, watches, and other pieces from iconic jewelry-makers. There’s something here to delight even the most discriminating tastes.
- The Photo Shop. Stop by for camera supplies including batteries and digital memory cards. The shop displays photos available for purchase of the previous day’s events, taken by the ship’s roving photographer.
- Le Boutique. This shop offers a discrete shopping experience with a focus on fine jewelry and gifts. Located by the concierge desk, guests enjoy personalized shopping with one-on-one assistance from the concierge.
Enjoy live performances of professional full-stage musical revues, classical soloists, bands and other entertainment in a cabaret nightclub with a full bar and cozy tables. You could see as many as three distinctly different shows while onboard. And considering the cost of theater and entertainment tickets back home, isn’t that nice?
Test your skill, or prove to your fellow guests that beginner's luck is real. The Casino will keep you entertained with blackjack, roulette, slot machines, and three-card poker games. Group and individual gaming lessons are offered at no charge—a great way to learn gaming strategy! The Casino accepts payment by Key Card, cash, credit card, travelers’ checks and foreign currency.
And for all you sports fans, the Spirits bar adjacent to the Casino features a flat-screen TV and full bar, making it a very pleasant place to keep up with your favorite teams.
White Night Parties
Don’t think of missing Azamara’s famous poolside buffet and party, held at least once on every cruise (weather permitting). Colorful décor and linen-draped tables, a fabulous buffet feast, and boutique wines on the house make this an event like no other. Dance late into the night as the live band kicks in after dinner.
Enrichment Programs & Classes
Add to your knowledge with a wide variety of entertaining and interesting enrichment programs. Schedules are available on Azamara TV and the daily newsletter.
- Seminars and lectures by Azamara’s own onboard experts, with opportunities for questions and discussion
- Port-of-call lectures focusing on destination highlights, history and culture, plus tips about lesser-known excursions in each port
- Land Discoveries® seminars to help you learn about particular excursions
- Wine tastings hosted by our sommelier
- Culinary demonstrations
- Computer classes in Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop available through eConnections (nominal charge applies)
Inclusive Amenities For All Guests:
- AzAmazing Evenings® event (on most voyages of seven nights or longer)
- Select standard spirits, international beers and wines
- Bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas
- Self-service laundry
- Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available
- Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations
Plus Additional Inclusives For Suite Guests:
- English butler service
- 235 complimentary Internet minutes per person
- One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven days
- Complimentary specialty restaurants dining
- Afternoon tea service in-suite
And Even More For Specialty Suite Guests:
- Club World Owner’s and Club Ocean Suites
- Receive a complimentary Insider AccessSM or Nights and Cool Places® Land Discoveries® excursion
- Club Spa Suites
- $200 spa credit per suite
- Nights in Private Places, $395 value (one night)
- Daily delivery of healthy snacks each afternoon
Look Better. Feel Better. Go Home Invigorated.
If you’ve ever wished for a week or two to reboot, this is it. Treat yourself to health, beauty, and restorative treatments in our all new Sanctum Spa. With a focus on wellness and vigor, our relaxing spa offers you the chance to focus on you—something you don’t always have time to do at home. Enjoy an oceanfront massage, a quick manicure before hitting the town to explore, teeth whitening, barber services, or even a healing acupuncture treatment.
But beyond the Sanctum Spa, Azamara is also pleased to offer a full range of complimentary onboard fitness and nutrition classes, including one-on-one personal training for an additional cost. An Azamara voyage is the perfect opportunity to focus on your health—so let us treat you to some rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation.
The Sanctum Spa
Staffed by professional aestheticians and therapists, the Azamara Spa is an oasis of tranquility. Choose from an extensive menu of services including:
- The Sanctum Terrace: Enter your private spa deck with a bubbling salt water bath and powerful jets that massage you as you soak up the views.
- Facial Glow services: State of the art skin care and restorative facials for men and women.
- Massage therapy: Hot stone therapy, deep tissue massage, Swedish massage and other exotic massage treatments from around the world.
- Body sculpting: Renewing seaweed wraps, cellulite reduction body sculpting, lime and ginger salt glows, and more.
- Spa rituals: A selection of carefully crafted half and full-day packages including body sculpting, facials and massage for the ultimate in relaxation.
- Teeth whitening services for bright beautiful smiles.
Spa services can be purchased a la carte or in specially priced packages. Reservations are required for most services, and slots quickly fill up, so please plan ahead. Please note that an 18% gratuity will be added to your folio for all spa treatments. For a detailed description of services and pricing, please review our Spa Packages.
Our full service salon offers a menu of professional services for men and women, including:
- Hair styling and care including cuts, coloring, highlights and color correction.
- Manicures and pedicures.
- Salon favorites: Special packages of hair and scalp renewing rituals, milk-and-honey manicures and pedicures with massages, and barbering and grooming services.